Vacancy for Accounts Assistant (part-time)
North & East Housing Association has been involved in social housing provision for more than 20 years and currently own/manage over 470 properties in the north eastern corridor of the country. We are committed to the delivery of high quality property and housing management services. We now have an opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our existing team within our Dublin office.
Job title: Accounts Assistant (part-time)
Location: Head Office, 287, Block G, Blanchardstown Corporate Park 2 Dublin 15.
Contract: Part-time, permanent. The salary scale for this position commences at €30,255 pro rata
Job description: To provide administrative support to the finance team in recording and processing income, purchases and payments. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and be an enthusiastic individual with a high level of attention to detail who wants to work as part of a dynamic team.
General duties will include;
- Recording and tracking of purchase invoices.
- Posting of invoices to accounts system.
- Preparation of monthly accruals schedule.
- Posting and reconciliation of credit card transactions to accounts system.
- Petty cash recording and management.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Support of the Finance Officer in the preparation of the monthly accounts process.
- Prior experience in an accounting administration role is essential.
- Accounting technician training/qualifications or above essential
- A basic level of understanding of accounting principles, book keeping and ledgers.
- Experience in using accounting software, prior experience of Sage would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience in a housing association or property management would be an advantage but not essential.
- Exercise empathy and understanding in communication with fellow staff and tenants.
Full job description here;
Interested applicants should submit a CV and short covering letter to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 5th March.